MY ADVERT EA SHOWBIZ

MY ADVERT EA SHOWBIZ

SIX OFFICE SOLUTION

MOCHRISPO

DARDY FASHION

Jan 1, 2016

How to dress unique and stand out at every party

Liz with colleagues at Waihiga Mwaura's wedding Last weeks article ‘Why custom making your own clothes is the new black’ has inspired many as evidenced by the feedback we received through Facebook and inquiries by interested people.
Gone are the days when all women would turn up for an event in the same kind of dress but just different colors.
A typical example is when the leopard print dress was in fashion, I bought myself one that I found at a very high price after the seller convinced me that it was the latest fashion.
I later went to meet with a few friends for drinks all glammed up in my new leopard print attire. I was a few minutes late for the meeting and as soon as I got to the restaurant, one of the guys asked me in a loud voice, “Didn’t I just see you pass through here a few minutes ago?”

I wondered why he thought he had seen me yet I had just arrived ,only for another woman to walk past our table dressed in the same dress a few minutes later. How embarrassing!
After the above incident I got an invite to attend a media personality’s dinner at Kempinsky Villa Rosa and immediately began shopping around town for a nice dinner dress.
I didn’t find many nice dresses; some were too expensive (considering it was just a one day event), others were just not the right fit.
I called a friend whose sense of fashion I admire to help me shop and she advised me to look for a tailor who can make me any dress I want.
She sent me several local and international dress designs and challenged me to choose one, promising that her tailor could make it.
Though I was skeptical, l chose a design and she took me to her tailor, Adika, on Ngong Road and the result was amazing.
To my amusement, he made a beautiful dress and at a very affordable price. Not to brag, but I got a lot of attention at the dinner.
Liz at Waihiga Mwaura's wedding
Liz at Waihiga Mwaura’s wedding
Also read; WHY CUSTOM MAKING YOUR OWN CLOTHES IS THE NEW BLACK.
With the busy schedules that most people have, going around shopping malls may be a tall order. For instance, a colleague recently invited me to his wedding and three days to the date of the wedding I still did not have a dress to wear and was caught up with work schedules.
I called Adika and asked him to design for me a dress similar to the black custom made dress I featured last week but in a different colour.
Incredibly, the dress, which was done using my measurements that he has on file, was ready in 30 minutes and sent to me using a motorbike for use the next day.
Some of the advantages of using a tailor is that you can save yourself time, money, embarrassment and who knows, maybe you can meet your significant other if you go all the way to look gorgeous for on event.
For those who have requested for my tailors contacts, here you go. Visit his facebook page @ Victor Adika chunguri and enjoy your way to fashion freedom.
Thank you all for the comments, ideas and support in 2015. Look out to greater fashion and lifestyle tips in 2016! Happy and Prosperous New year!

Quote: Tailoring your clothes makes all the difference –Emily Vancamp